An international group of producers gathers with peers for 4 days in Brussels during Kunstenfestivaldesarts.
The Producers' Academy is a dedicated time to reflect, think, co-learn, encounter, and provoke the practice of the producer. With open minds and open hearts, integrity and fun, this 4-day workshop is willing to dig into the current urgencies and problematics of producing work as well as being a producer.
With approaches sometimes experimental (have you heard of the fairy purse?) or deeply technical (art(ists) still need to cross borders), we would like to explore how to practice values of cooperation and collaboration, care and solidarity, empowerment and enjoyment, tackling the questions of (self)-care, fair practices, transnational practices, as well as the nitty gritty of producing performing arts, playing with budgets, and maybe reinventing one-self.
The different subjects will be explored while talking, listening, walking or playing, using the expertise within the room as well as inspirational guests.
The Producers' Academy is aimed at international performing arts producers.
Speakers, sessions and programme
To be confirmed.
18 > 21 May 2022
9:30 > 18:00 + 2 Evening performances at Kunstenfestivaldesarts.
The Producers’ Academy will take place in Brussels, the exact venue will be confirmed in January 2022.
APPLICATIONS AND CONDITIONS
CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
The Producers’ Academy is open to:
- People from all nationalities
- People who have at least five years of experience as a producer* in the performing arts sector**
- Producers/cultural entrepreneurs who have developed or are in the process of developing innovative way(s) to support creation in an international dimension and/or with a trans-sectorial approach (decolonisation, feminism, fair practices, climate change, accessibility etc.)
- The event will be held exclusively in English. Therefore, participants need to be able to understand, communicate and work in English.
* Producer: supervises, supports, follows an artist or a collective/company
** Performing arts: are excluded from this definition opera- and music-only related projects
If you have any question regarding your eligibility, please get in touch with Mathilde Florica: email@example.com
Applications will have to be submitted to CIFAS until 28 January 2022 - 17:00 CET, including:
- A CV in English (maximum 2 pages including a short 5 lines' biography).
- A note relating your experience, reflections and questions as a producer as well as your expectations from the Producers’ Academy (in English) (maximum 2 pages).
The applicants will be informed of their selection during the first week of February 2022.
Participation is free of charge (full programme + lunches during the four days + 2 performances).
We do not take in charge travel and accommodation costs*.
* Travel support can be considered on an exceptional basis, see below.
* We can send official invitation letters to those who wish to activate ways to support their participation costs. Our partner On the Move can provide advice and guidance about available mobility support programmes for selected participants.
CIFAS will offer 3 grants (travel and/or accommodation) to support producers from countries where little or no financial support is available for international mobility. To apply for a grant, please send a short motivation in the application form below.
For more info about other international mobilty funding, please refer to the funding guides published by On The Move.
The activities will be organised in compliance with the sanitary measures in force at the date of the event. Participants should inform themselves about regulations, testing and quarantine conditions linked with their travel. CIFAS cannot be held responsible for any cancellation.
Deadline for applications : 28 January 2022 - 17:00 CET
9:30 > 18:00 + 2 evening performances.
Attendance is required during the whole programme.