The online journey initiated in 2020 by a group of international producers will continue in 2021 in Brussels. A few places are open for new participants!
UPDATE: Due to the current health measures, we are unable to organise this event in good conditions in May 2021. We have therefore decided to postpone the May workshop (initially organised from 26 > 29 May) to 22 > 25 September 2021. Applications remain open.
Created in 2016 by the International Centre for Training in the Performing Arts (CIFAS), the Producers’ Academy is organised in the frame of Kunstenfestivaldesarts in Brussels.
We invite a group of selected international producers to take part in a programme of conferences, workshops and peer-to-peer learning sessions, raising questions about their practice in the international cultural sector nowadays.
This year, a specific focus will be put on the mutations and new modalities that are being opened up to the production of the performing arts in response to the present and future crises that we are facing: digital innovations, local production and sustainability, mobility, cultural recovery plans, cultural institutions being called into question, etc.
The Producers’ Academy increasingly pays attention to the notion of care, one of the fundamental concepts of feminism, and explores attentive and responsive practices, social and sustainable approaches in order to potentially invent new, adapted and fairer models of governance.
By meeting with experts and practitioners, participants will approach practical aspects of international collaborations - administrative, legal and financial issues - as well as conceptual aspects, questioning innovative production models that reinvent our global cultural landscape.
The 2020 edition has been replaced by an online programme. In September 2021, the existing group of producers continue the sessions during a 4-days face-to-face meeting in Brussels. A few spots are left for new participants, applications are now open on our website.
Applications are open until 30 June 2021.
The Producers Academy is a project by CIFAS, On the Move, MoDul and Kunstenfestivaldesarts.
Chrissie Faniadis, Lead Project Manager, European Capital for Culture Malmö 2029 Candidate city (Sweden)
Speakers, sessions and programme
The programme will be published during the Summer 2021.
Do not hesitate to check our previous programmes to have an idea about the format of the Producers’ Academy.
22 > 25 September 2021.
9:30 > 18:00 + 2 Evening performances
Attendance is required for the entire programme, including evening performances.
The Producers’ Academy will take place at La Bellone, Rue de Flandre, 46, 1000 Brussels.
CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
The Producers’ Academy is open to:
- People from all nationalities
- People who have at least five years of experience as a producer* in the performing arts sector** (particularly in relation to the international development of their organisation, company, association etc.)
- Producers/Cultural entrepreneurs who have developed or are in the process of developing innovative way(s) to support creation in an international dimension and/or with a trans-sectorial approach (performing arts and social or feminist engagement, performing arts and climate change issues etc.)
- The event will be held exclusively in English. Therefore, participants need to be able to understand, communicate and work in English.
* Producer: supervises, supports, follows an artist or a collective/company
** Performing arts: Are excluded from this definition opera- and music-only related projects
If you have any question regarding your eligibility, please get in touch with Mathilde: email@example.com
Applications will have to be submitted to CIFAS until 30 June 2021, including:
- A CV in English (maximum 2 pages including a short 5 lines' biography)
- A note relating your experience, reflexions and questions as a producer as well as your expectations from the Producers’ Academy (in English)
Participation is free of charge (Full programme + lunches during the four days + 2 performances).
We do not take in charge travel and accommodation costs*.
* Limited travel support can be considered on an exceptional basis.
* We can send official invitation letters to those who wish to activate ways to support their participation costs. Our partner On the Move can provide advice and guidance about available mobility support programmes for selected participants.
The activities will be organised in compliance with the sanitary measures in force at the date of the event. Participants should inform themselves about regulations, testing and quarantine conditions linked with their travel. CIFAS cannot be held responsible for any cancellation.
Deadline for applications : 30.06.2021
9:30 > 18:00 + 2 evening performances.
Attendance is required during the whole programme.